For better or worse, here I am—trapped in paradise. As long as I continue to live in this vital, inimitable spot on the globe,

I will continue to seek out the unique…the delicious…the innovative products, services and traditions of San Luis Obispo County.

Stay posted for a few of my favorite things.

About Me...

My photo
A wanderlust at heart... captivated by the California Central Coast. Join me on my culinary and vino-infused adventures as I explore and discover the regional novelties of San Luis Obispo County that make living here...easy to stay...and hard to leave.

Saturday, June 9, 2012

SLO Mountain of Gold


Today at Montaña de Oro was just one of those days—perfect. Blue skies. Crashing waves. Gentle, cool breezes.  

As I parked my car and stepped out into the fresh, salty sea air, I felt like a kid in a candy store. The thunderous ocean stretched before me as far as I could see, the yellow wildflowers covered the coastal plain wherever I looked. I stuffed my camera in my pocket and hit the dirt trail that meanders along this state park’s steep, terraced bluffs.  

But my out-and-back walk was interrupted by many sudden moments of inspiration. I just couldn’t contain myself and snapped dozens of pictures as I oohed and aahed from myriad vantage points. Deep blue waters, rugged cliffs, and gold, purple and white flowers growing wild left a lasting impression.

Montaña de Oro, aptly translated as “Mountain of Gold,” defies explanation. Neither pictures nor words can do this breathtaking region justice. This utopian part of the world is simply…sublime.
  
Ooh.
Aah.

The Mountain of Gold's shoreline stretches for seven miles and is located in Los Osos, San Luis Obispo County. 



 Montaña de Oro offers hiking trails as well as camping and horse facilities.










Spooner's Cove is a popular, gravel-sanded beach where you can watch the waves 
crash violently against the tilted sedimentary layers of shale. 

 

Perfect.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget