For better or worse, here I am—trapped in paradise. As long as I continue to live in this vital, inimitable spot on the globe,

I will continue to seek out the unique…the delicious…the innovative products, services and traditions of San Luis Obispo County.

Stay posted for a few of my favorite things.

About Me...

My photo
A wanderlust at heart... captivated by the California Central Coast. Join me on my culinary and vino-infused adventures as I explore and discover the regional novelties of San Luis Obispo County that make living here...easy to stay...and hard to leave.

Sunday, January 12, 2014

100 SLO Days

Some of you know that in 2012 I launched a blog called 100 SLO Days. This site was my way of holding myself accountable after committing to exercise for at least 30 minutes per day, consecutively for 100 days. I felt blogging each day about my workout adventures in San Luis Obispo County would help keep me accountable. It definitely did. 

But something else happened along the way. When I hit the local beaches and hiking trails, I documented my outdoor activities by bringing a camera along. I captured wildflowers growing on the Bluffs Trail in Montana de Oro in Los Osos, humpback whales feeding in the harbor at Avila Beach, lizards sunning themselves on Bishop Peak, and awesome sunsets at Pismo Beach. My camera became an extension of my surroundings. 

Although those initial 100 days are long gone, I still continue my frequent outdoor workouts. Please consider following along with me on 100 SLO Days. I promise to offer up some sound fitness advice once in a while, and I'll keep trekking with a camera in hand...bringing you snapshots of this California Central Coast mecca. 


Warm weather and high wind conditions brought choppy waves to these surfers in Shell Beach yesterday.
The clouds brought this dreamlike sunset.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget