For better or worse, here I am—trapped in paradise. As long as I continue to live in this vital, inimitable spot on the globe,

I will continue to seek out the unique…the delicious…the innovative products, services and traditions of San Luis Obispo County.

Stay posted for a few of my favorite things.

About Me...

My photo
A wanderlust at heart... captivated by the California Central Coast. Join me on my culinary and vino-infused adventures as I explore and discover the regional novelties of San Luis Obispo County that make living here...easy to stay...and hard to leave.

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Downtown San Luis Obispo: Luna Red

With spring temperatures reigning supremely over San Luis Obispo County this weekend, I couldn't resist eating Sunday brunch outside. There was no question of where I wanted to go: Luna Red

Located in Downtown San Luis Obispo on Chorro Street—directly across from the historic Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa and just steps away from the hidden Downtown Creekwalkthis global tapas bar offers guests both indoor and outdoor dining. I couldn't wait to sample their brunch menu while dining al fresco. 

Although I'd visited Luna Red several times before and enjoyed some of their house-made charcuterie and other small-plate delicacies, this was my first time to indulge in their weekend brunch. Their innovative menu presented me with a difficult choice: With tempting dishes like pan-fried chilaquiles, custard-soaked French toast, and arepa benedicts, what to choose?

I finally settled on the house-made chorizo benedicts. Venezuelan corn cakes (arepas) and spicy chorizo sausage patties provided the first two layers, while perfectly cooked poached eggs sat loftily on top. A creamy, delicious manchego-paprika hollandaise sauce completed this contemporary eggs benedict creation, while tasty herbed potatoes fared splendidly on the side and helped lop up the decadent sauce.

Behold the organic Bloody Mary. This was the first time in my life to imbibe in this spicy, tangy concoction, and as a result, I can't compare this classic brunch cocktail to any others. But I must say I look forward to swigging this drink again. 
Luna Red's decadent brunch is served Saturday and Sunday only. The next weekend  that you're passing through San Luis Obispo City when the sun is shining and the temperatures are splendid, stop in at Luna Red for an indulgent feast. Click here for their enticing menu. 



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget