For better or worse, here I am—trapped in paradise. As long as I continue to live in this vital, inimitable spot on the globe,

I will continue to seek out the unique…the delicious…the innovative products, services and traditions of San Luis Obispo County.

Stay posted for a few of my favorite things.

About Me...

My photo
A wanderlust at heart... captivated by the California Central Coast. Join me on my culinary and vino-infused adventures as I explore and discover the regional novelties of San Luis Obispo County that make living here...easy to stay...and hard to leave.

Monday, November 17, 2014

Morro Bay Surfboard Art Festival: November 2014

"Peace Pipe Dream" by artist Josephine Crawford rests
 in the serene gardens of Coalesce Bookstore in Morro Bay. 

In the California coastal community of Morro Bay, surfboards aren't just for ripping waves. Local artists, schools, and community groups are carving a new path by transforming boards into one-of-a-kind canvas art for the inaugural Morro Bay Surfboard Art Festival

Until November 28, more than 25 of these slick surfboards will be proudly displayed in sponsoring businesses throughout Morro Bay. 

Some of these bitchin' works of art have already been spoken for via the festival's online auction, and several other boards will be up for grabs in their auction gala on November 29. Partial proceeds benefit school arts programs, Project Surf Campand Morro Bay in Bloom  

To check out this Morro Bay surfari, click here to download a map showing all sponsoring locations where these inventive boards hang; or, stop by the Morro Bay Visitors CenterTickets for the November 29 live auction gala can be purchased here

Below you'll find my photo journey, where I uncovered some of this awesome surfboard art while traipsing through Morro Bay. 

I couldn't resist taking a peek.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget