For better or worse, here I am—trapped in paradise. As long as I continue to live in this vital, inimitable spot on the globe,

I will continue to seek out the unique…the delicious…the innovative products, services and traditions of San Luis Obispo County.

Stay posted for a few of my favorite things.

About Me...

My photo
A wanderlust at heart... captivated by the California Central Coast. Join me on my culinary and vino-infused adventures as I explore and discover the regional novelties of San Luis Obispo County that make living here...easy to stay...and hard to leave.

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Pismo Beach: Old West Cinnamon Rolls

Several months ago one of my blog readers posed a question I couldn't answer: where to find the best cinnamon rolls in San Luis Obispo County. Since I gave up sweets years ago, I had no idea. 

So I asked around. I passed the question along to friends on a social networking site and the vote was unanimous: Old West Cinnamon Rolls in Pismo Beach. 

Since then I've stopped by Old West a few times to taste test. I now understand why this beach town bakery is such a hit with locals and visitors. Their thick, not-too-sweet sticky rolls are worth a trip to the California Central Coast. 

This morning I rose early to stand on Pismo Pier and catch the fiery sunrise. Then I traipsed over a few blocks to Dolliver Street to gobble up a cinnamon roll mounded with pecans. 




Sunrise and a cinnamon roll. 
Not a bad way to start the day amidst the hustle and bustle of the holiday season. 



Old West Cinnamon Rolls is located at 861 Dolliver Street in Pismo Beach.
 Their bakery is open all year long, except for Christmas Day. 
If you can't make it to Pismo Beach, Old West ships their rolls and baking mix. 
Can't get out for a visit to the California Central Coast?
Stop by my blog for a weekly dose of SLO County. 
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget