For better or worse, here I am—trapped in paradise. As long as I continue to live in this vital, inimitable spot on the globe,

I will continue to seek out the unique…the delicious…the innovative products, services and traditions of San Luis Obispo County.

Stay posted for a few of my favorite things.

About Me...

My photo
A wanderlust at heart... captivated by the California Central Coast. Join me on my culinary and vino-infused adventures as I explore and discover the regional novelties of San Luis Obispo County that make living here...easy to stay...and hard to leave.

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Peach Caprese Salad Recipe

It's that time of year again in San Luis Obispo County: peach madness! The fuzzy-skinned fruit is making its yearly debut at local farmers markets and I couldn't resist picking up a basketful for some culinary experimentation. 

Turns out, peaches pair beautifully with thick slices of tomatoes. Serve up this seasonal duo with fresh mozzarella and you've got a a fantastic caprese salad to serve as a side dish or vegetarian meal. Just slice, arrange on a platter, and sprinkle with a touch of salt and pepper, a drizzle of honey, olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and top off with some fresh herbs.

I don't know what else I'll be inspired to conjure up from SLO County's stone fruit crop this year, but for the time being, I'll enjoy this vibrant caprese salad that's simple, delicious, and full of seasonal flair. 


PEACH CAPRESE SALAD RECIPE
The secret to this recipe's presentation is using peaches and tomatoes that are ripe but still firm so that they don't fall apart when you slice them.


INGREDIENTS:

2 - 4 large peaches
2 - 4 medium tomatoes
1 ball fresh mozzarella
1 - 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley or basil
Drizzle each of honey, olive oil, balsamic vinegar
Sprinkle of salt & pepper

DIRECTIONS:

Cut peaches in half, remove pits, and slice into thick slabs. 
Slice the tomatoes in thick round pieces and thinly slice the mozzarella. 
Place alternating slices of peaches and tomatoes on a platter and top with sliced mozzarella.
Drizzle with honey, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper, then sprinkle with fresh herbs. 

Couldn't be simpler to enjoy fresh, seasonal flavors!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
There was an error in this gadget